Founded in 2002, Bella Pictures is an award-winning company that is transforming the wedding photography and videography industry. Bella's technology-driven approach brings new standards of quality, service and transparency to capturing and sharing your wedding memories. What the organization needed was a more flexible system that allowed them to react and adapt to an ever-changing market in a cost efficient manner. The real question was where to start. Replacing the current website with a new platform was unrealistic. Bella's technical team, led by Steve Morgan, chose to start with StudioBlue.com, a new property focused on the cost-conscience side of today's wedding market. They chose Drupal, and Ubercart, for the renowned flexibility and the frameworks proven track record in SEO.
The key goals the technical team wanted to accomplish were as follows:
- Develop a Drupal/Ubercart website in less than two months
- Prove Drupal could truly meet their organizational challenges
- Integrate transactional data into the existing Bella infrastructure
- Customize the shopping cart to allow for a recurring payment plan
- Create reusable code to allow partner websites on the same basic code base
- Allow the in-house team to maintain and make future enhancements
- Repurpose code base to future BellaPictures.com project
With the project and platform in place the Bella Pictures team realized they didn't have the bandwidth or the depth of Drupal knowledge to complete the task successfully. They chose to partner with Achieve Internet due to our extensive experience in Drupal architecture, integration, module customization and overall project management. Together Bella Pictures and Achieve had a winning formula for the planning, architecture, development and coding of the Studio Blue site so that it meet all of their performance goals, functionality requirements and end user experience expectations.