Remote, CA 92101
Achieve Internet is a leading enterprise software product and solution provider with over 20 years of experience. Our core business is developing API Strategy, building API solutions and creating world-class API Portals. Our product lines include an advanced API Portal and an API Security platform. Both are offered as a SaaS solution with the portal also available in a standalone version. We work with all the major Cloud providers, including Google which is a client and a partner.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to continue our success company wide. The Director of Engineering owns personnel management and budget of the Engineering and Support teams. Join the Achieve team and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. No third parties please, direct candidates only and US based.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Engineering:
- Directly supervise solution architects and engineering team members
- Work with team leads and managers to supervise and direct all team members.
- Monitors and directs improvements in performance, quality, process, and issues across all development efforts.
- Implements and monitors various performance metrics for the team. Reports on team performance to senior management.
- Manage contractors, together with PM lead.
- Manage hiring process for engineers.
- Manage engineering internships.
- Handle all decisions related to hiring, firing, discipline, and promotion of employees.
- Escalation point for engineering team members when their direct supervisor is unable to address an issue.
- Conduct regular department meetings and hold 1-on-1 meetings with direct reports.
- Support hiring process for other company teams as primary engineer “stakeholder”.
- Mentor team members, together with Leadership Team and senior team members.
- Define job descriptions and career progression, shared with CTO and VP of Solution Delivery.
- Support/guide project resourcing decisions.
- (Pre)-Sales Support including sales calls, preliminary estimating and proposal writing.
- Work with AM/PM to enhance project management processes.
- Work with AM/Sales to enhance sales/proposal processes.
- Participate in organizational management/direction discussions.
Knowledge and Expectations of the Director of Engineering:
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, Confluence, and G-Suite
- A strong leader who can drive Achieve’s high standard of our long-standing motto: “Quality on Time”
- Skilled in communicating with remote teams across different time zones
- Comfortable mentoring junior developers on best practices
- Considerate of both business and technical requirements when road mapping solutions
- Monitor and track key performance indicators, and devise and implement changes as needed.
- Work closely with architects and PMs to monitor project implementation, progress, and success.
- Awareness on status and issues in all active projects/support all active projects, shared with CTO and VP of Solution Delivery.
- Establish/enhance development processes, shared with CTO and VP of Solution Delivery.
- Develop and manage budget for the development team.
- Translate CEO’s organization goals/objectives into actionable direction for the development team, shared with CTO and VP of Solution Delivery.
Life at Achieve as the Director of Engineering:
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Strong focus on teamwork
- Opportunities for learning
- Openness from management on ideas and initiatives
- Focus on trust, integrity, and respect
Benefits that Achieve Offers to the Director of Engineering:
- Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability
- Vacation time and paid sick time
- 401K plan
- Employee investment
- MS in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and practical experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in web development, computer science, and/or related field.
- Demonstrated, exceptional interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
- Ability to coach and train employees and have a collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task and prioritize with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Must work US based Central or Pacific time zone business hours