Web Engineering Intern
Achieve Internet is a leading technology solutions provider with over 90,000 development hours developing advanced web and mobile platforms, primarily in the Drupal space, for enterprise clients including NBC Universal, MTV, Fast Company, DivX, Annex Brands, U.S. Department of Energy, and Wellpoint, among many others.
The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior in pursuit of a degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or an equivalent technical degree and live within commute distance to our office in San Diego.
Specific Duties Include:
- Work with engineering and product teams to support development of applications
- Support the development of strategic, internal projects as directed by management
- Research technology platforms and make recommendations to senior technical staff
- Perform QA on code; Identify bugs and research steps to resolving bugs
- Support the development of technical and product documentation
- Currently working toward undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or an equivalent technical degree
- Comfort with object oriented programming a plus
- Some experience with Open Source technologies such as Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla or equivalent content management system (CMS) preferred but not required
- Experience using browser based debuggers (Chrome Tools or Firebug) a plus
- Some familiarity with web-based development patterns, CSS3 and HTML5 constructs a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Open and excited to learn new technologies
- Strong interest in developing valuable practical experience in a real work setting
- Unrelenting passion for all things web!
Compensation & Other Information
- Compensation is offered
- Minimum of 8 hours per week required to support Achieve engineering team (onsite)
- Must possess GPA of 3.0 or above