Photo © iStock.com/MicroStockHub
API management tools are moving in a new direction. Rather than catering specifically to developers, developer portals (now commonly referred to as API portals) must pay more attention to how APIs are consumed and used for innovation. Apiboost is at the forefront of API collaboration, API productization, and helping companies improve API consumption.
As an API portal industry trailblazer, we’re happy that Apiboost has now been recognized by Gartner, Inc. which delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams, in no less than 7 reports and publications.*
We believe that Gartner’s recognition of Apiboost in these reports targeting a range of industries reinforces the key role of our enterprise API Portal solution in an increasingly API-driven world.
Gartner mentioned Apiboost as an API portal and API ecosystem partner in the following publications and Gartner subscribers can view the reports by clicking on the respective links:
- August 10, 2021 - Hype Cycle ™ for the Future of Applications, 2021 
- August 9, 2021 - Quick Answer: How Can Existing Applications Participate In Composable Architecture? 
- August 6, 2021- Hype Cycle for Unified Communications and Collaboration, 2021 
- July 29, 2021 - Hype Cycle ™ for Digital Grid Transformation Technologies, 2021
- July 27, 2021 - Hype Cycle ™ for APIs and Business Ecosystems, 2021 
- July 21, 2021 - Hype Cycle ™ for Utility Industry IT, 2021 
- July 15, 2021 - Hype Cycle ™ for Digital Banking Transformation, 2021 
Apiboost’s Role in the Growing API Economy
In a 2021 article titled How to Successfully Implement API-First Integration, Gartner mentioned that “organizations are increasingly adopting API-first integration.”
“The growth of the API-first strategy has resulted in a number of software vendors promoting API-led integration as a major improvement over other methods of integration, such as using native adapters,” Gartner’s analysts Keith Guttridge, Mark O’Neill wrote.
“Software engineering leaders responsible for integration naturally look at APIs as a way to standardize interfaces and simplify integrations,” they continued. 
For example, in a recent case study, we can see how a globally recognized FinTech leader leveraged Apiboost to build a multi-tenant API portal to consolidate all of their APIs. Doing this improved the visibility of their APIs and allowed them to continue innovating across multiple regions and languages while streamlining the customer experience for everyone. Consequently, they have increased their API catalog by 300%, and API consumption has also increased by 30%.
Vision on API Ecosystems
The Gartner research “ Quick Answer: What API Approaches Should Software Engineering Leaders Take?” recommends that companies “govern your APIs without introducing bottlenecks by establishing a federated API platform team. An adaptive governance approach that uses automatic validation of APIs against style guides is proven to be effective compared to a bureaucratic process of API approval.”
In the same article, Gartner advises companies to “treat APIs as products by creating the role of an API product manager to promote a consumer-centric product mindset for APIs.”
In our opinion, Gartner’s recommendations seem to align extremely well with Apiboost’s functionality, which we believe played a role in Gartner’s repeated recognition of our platform across industries.
In particular, Apiboost helps brands to establish federated API platform teams via its Team Builder feature. In our opinion, the increase in collaboration provided by Team Builder, coupled with Apiboost’s API Product Optimizer, aligns well with Gartner’s guidance, as these features encourage collaboration and innovation among developers, non-technical partners, and stakeholders alike.
As previously mentioned, modern developer portals need to support API-driven companies and their partners via collaboration tools, team environments, and API productization. Innovation and consumption are the keys to encouraging collaboration and ultimately unlocking revenue, and Apiboost has been designed with this in mind, which once again leads us to believe that we led to Gartner recognized Apiboost in seven releases in 45 days.
As businesses continue to expand their API ecosystems internally and externally, API portals will be even more critical. And Apiboost will continue to provide the agility and dynamism required to help businesses enhance their API adoption.
Try an Apiboost demo today.
Recap: What Is Apiboost?
Apiboost is an enterprise API Portal Platform, enabling organizations to launch their API product, group them into teams that encourage innovation, and streamline the user experience.
Achieve Internet, meanwhile, is Apiboost’s premier agency partner, which has vast experience implementing Apiboost and building bespoke developer portals and API portals using Apiboost as a foundation.
Key Apiboost Features:
- API Product Optimizer: This allows the products and content on the site to be controlled at a Product Owner level. The Product Owner and Product Staff can manage content associated with products, including the catalog, blogs, videos, events, and forums.
- API Team Builder: This enables the administrator to increase collaboration among developers, business people, and other stakeholders. This facilitates the building of teams, consisting of a team admin and other team members, to innovate on apps and products in a group environment. The API Team Builder is great for assigning apps and products to departments, partners, and customers for effective development while securely exposing your data to only approved team members.
- Support for Innovation: Apiboost doesn’t just tack on a blog or a forum to your API portal. It ties those features into Team Builder and Product Optimizer along with configurable user roles and permissions so administrators can build granular teams and encourage collaboration at the same time.
Learn more about Apiboost.
*API Boost has been recognized as “Achieve Internet” in the following reports.
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for the Future of Applications, 2021”, Micky Keck, Yefim Natis, Stefan Van Der Zijden, 10 August 2021
 Gartner, “Quick Answer: How Can Existing Applications Participate In Composable Architecture?”, Yefim Natis, Shameen Pillai, 9 August 2021
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Unified Communications and Collaboration, 2021, Pankil Sheth, Rafael Benitez, 6 August 2021
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Digital Grid Transformation Technologies, 2021”, Zarko Sumic, 29 July 2021
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for APIs and Business Ecosystems, 2021”, Mark O'Neill, John Santoro, 27 July 2021
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Utility Industry IT, 2021”, Nicole Foust ,21 July 2021
 Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Digital Banking Transformation, 2021”, Alistair Newton, 15 July 2021
 Gartner, “How to Successfully Implement API-First Integration”, Keith Guttridge, Mark O'Neill, 9 June 2021
Gartner, “Quick Answer: What API Approaches Should Software Engineering Leaders Take”, Shameen Pillai, Mark O'Neill, 28 May 2021
GARTNER and HYPE CYCLE are a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.